Autumn blackberries, brambles, sloe berries and berried ivy are making an appearance in wedding cake design like never before with nature inspired wedding cakes taking centre stage this fall.
The breathtakingly beautiful blackberry and edible moss design above from Martina Bliedung of Floralilie Sugar Art makes a spectacular fall wedding cake and creates a fresh alternative to the traditional orange-hued autumn wedding cake design.
Here you’ll find a selection of berry tutorials including gumpaste blackberries in our Fruits of the Forest – Gumpaste Nuts & Berries feature.
To learn how to craft beautiful autumn berries & leaves, check out Maggie Austin’s masterclass on Craftsy here: Maggie Austin – Sugar Berries, Leaves, and Blossoms .
Master sugar florist, Nicholas Lodge, also teaches an autumn inspired class on Craftsy featuring fall foliage, berries and pumkins. Find out more here: Sweet Seasons – Fall Foliage.
Readers might also be interested in our features on:
- Autumn Wedding Cakes
- Wildlife & Nature Inspired Autumn Wedding Cakes
- Fruits of the Forest –Gumpaste Nuts & Berry Tutorials
- Autumn Cakes for the Fall Season
- Autumnal Floral Wedding Cakes
- Halloween Wedding Cakes – Gothic Elegance
- Dahlia Cakes & Tutorials
- Woodland Wedding Cakes – Part 1
- Woodland Wedding Cakes – Part 2
- Birch Tree Wedding Cakes & Woodgrain Effects
- Birch Tree Cake Tutorials
- Woodgrain, Tree Bark and Tree Stump Cake Tutorials
- Wedding Cakes in Milk & Dark Chocolate
- Chalkboard Wedding Cakes
- Textured Effects: White Woodgrain
- Cake Accents: Gold Buds & Berries
- A Compendium of Sugar Flower Tutorials
- Sugar Foliage & Tutorials
- Sugar Succulents & Tutorials
Coming Up Next: Alice in Wonderland Cake Tutorials