As autumn slowly closes in, colour palettes for the bohemian wedding favour deeper shades of mauves, lilacs, deep pink and rich reds.
Nicole McEachnie blends naked cake tiers with a gold leaf covered tier and loose foliage in the true spirit of bohemian decadence and abandon, above left.
On the right, sugar flower queen Amy Swann crafts the quintessential end of summer boho wedding cake in rich mauves and lilacs accented with exquisitetrailing amaranthus (image by Lowri Pendrell Photography).
Advertisement: The queen of boho wedding cake design, Megan Joy, teaches how to create beautiful painted watercolor effects, flecked gold leaf, boho feathers and how to prep posies of miniature fresh flowers to use on a wedding cake in her online class on Craftsy. Find out more here: Ethereal Elegance – Bohemian Cake Design.
Readers might also be interested in our features on:
- Bohemian Wedding Cakes in Soft Shades
- More Wedding Cakes for the Boho Bride
- Floral Garland Wedding Cakes I & II
- Naked Cakes – Woodsy & Floral
- Boho Wedding Cakes with Feathers
- Woodland Wedding Cakes
- Watercolour Sugar Flowers
- Wedding Cakes in Watercolours
- Baby’s Breath Wedding Cakes
- Climbing Sugar Flowers
- Floral Framed Cake Designs
- Midsummer Night’s Dream Wedding Cakes
- Suspended Wedding Cakes & Garden Swing Wedding Cakes
- Distressed Gold Wedding Cakes & Antiqued Effects
- Decorating with 2D Floral Cut-Outs
Coming Up Next: Bohemian Wedding Cakes in Soft Shades