A glamorous gold sequins wedding cake dressed with couture ruffles or voluminous sugar flowers creates a wow wedding cake centrepiece. Paired with soft pinks and foliage or hot pink roses, with gold sequins you have an array of accent colours to choose from in styling your sequinned masterpiece.
In our feature cakes above, Jenna Rae (cake left) and Erica O’Brien (cake right, Erin Schrad Photography) opt for a pairing of soft pastel shades with glamorous gold sequins in their beautiful designs.
For more on how to create edible sequins, see our feature Edible Sequins For A Touch of Sparkle here.
Advertisements: Learn from the first lady of sequins herself, Lori Hutchinson of The Caketress how to create a gold sequinned masterpiece in her Craftsy class, Couture Cakess. Find all the details here: Couture Cakes.
Embellishing your cakes with edible sequins is also covered in Erin Gardner’s Craftsy class, Cakes in Full Bloom. Get more details here: Cakes in Full Bloom.
- Edible Sequins for A Touch of Sparkle (with Edible Sequins Tutorials)
- Silver Sequins Wedding Cakes
- Jewelled Sugar Flowers – Glamorous Gold Centres
- Metallic Gold Cakes
- Pale Gold & Champagne Wedding Cakes
- New Metallics: Rose Gold, Bronze & Copper Tones
- Cakes Accents: Distressed Gold & Antiqued Effects
- Cake Accents: Gold Buds & Berries
- Gatsby Wedding Cakes
Coming Up Next: Silver Sequins Wedding Cakes