Royal wedding cake designer, Fiona Cairns has added a beautiful new cake design to her collection inspired by the magnificent cake she created for the wedding of Prince William & Kate Middleton.
While the replica is still relatively grand at 5-tiers, it is a smaller, simpler version of the royal wedding cake retaining the same overall shape, design and many of the same sugarcrafted features.
The base tier is a petal-shaped cake which very cleverly re-creates the look of the 12 base tier cakes of the royal wedding cake. In all, it’s a very beautiful cake design for any bride wishing to add a touch of classical romance to her wedding reception. (Image: fionacairns.com).
Readers may also be interested in our Downton Abbey Style Wedding Cakes feature, as well as our Piping Techniques series as follows:
- Piping Techniques, Part 1 – Piping Pearls and Beaded Garlands
- Piping Techniques, Part 2 – Piping Drop Strings
- Piping Techniques, Part 3 – Piping Scrolls
- Piping Techniques, Part 4 – Lambeth Piping Introduction
- See also our feature on Lace Piping & Lace Wedding Cakes.
For Cake Geek updates, just add Cake Geek Magazine to your Facebook “likes” and we’ll let you know just as soon as a new feature is published! You’ll find us here at: Cake Geek Magazine Facebook Page