Cake Decorating 101
- Learn how to add filling between your cake layers
- then crumb coat your cake
- before frosting it to perfection (with either buttercream or chocolate ganache – the same method applies)
- and finishing it beautifully in Mandy Merriman’s tutorial for the above cake here.
- How to Split A Cake into Layers
- A second method of frosting or ganaching a cake which uses The Profroster tool available here. In our opinion here at Cake Geek, this is the easiest and fastest method. You’ll find a tutorial on how to frost or ganache a cake using the Profroster here.
- If you’ve ganached your cake, you’ll find a tutorial on how to cover a cake with fondant icing right here.
- If you’re creating a extra tall/”double barrel” cake, you’ll find a tutorial to help you here: how to cover a double barrel cake with fondant. There’s also a second method for covering extra tall tiers, which you’ll find in this tutorial on the fondant panelling method.
- Lastly, here’s a tutorial on how to dowel and stack a tiered cake.
Congratulations – you’ve completed Cake Decorating 101!
Back to Main Tutorials page