The chocolate drip cake has been one of the biggest cake hits of this year and its fun, whimsical look has made its way into christmas cake decorating this season too.
Marianne Stewart created the sublime Black Forest Cherry cake above left (gluten free and dairy free), as featured in Cakes & Sugarcraft. Peggy Porschen’s pastel perfection chocolate drip cake above right is one of the many fabulous confections in her Crystal and Candy holiday collection this year.
Pastels continue to be the chic colour choice for Christmas cake decorating this year, including Makiko Searle’s stunning christmas bauble cakes below, or temari cakes as they are known in their country of origin, Japan.
Woodland foliage, berries, deer and rustic themes also feature heavily in some of the most beautiful holiday cake designs below, and we even have a seasonal take on another of this year’s huge cake trends, the buttercream wreath cake, to finish from Alice Cakes.
(Where tutorials are mentioned below, you’ll find the links to the full tutorial at the end of this feature.)
You’ll find links for the tutorials and some of the recipes mentioned above here:
- Melting Snowman Cake Tutorial
- Rudolph Reindeer Christmas Cake Pops Tutorial
- Elf Cupcake Toppers Tutorial
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes Tutorial
- Christmas Tree Cookies Tutorial
- Sparkling Cranberry Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Pomegranate Bread Twist Recipe
For more on Christmas cake decorating see our features below:
- Christmas Cakes – Beautiful Designs
- Christmas in Pastels
- Novelty Christmas Cakes for Children
- Classic Christmas Cakes
- Rustic Christmas Cakes & Winter Berry Cakes
- Reindeer Cakes
- Knit Effect Cake Designs
- Chic Christmas Cake Decorating
- Novelty Christmas Cakes & Tutorials
- How To Make A Gingerbread House
- Christmas Desserts & Treats
For more on winter wedding cakes, see our features on: