Floral wreaths, garlands and flower circles are the essential bridal accessory this year for the fashion-forward boho bride – a trend that has crossed over into cake design with leading designers creating beautiful wreath arrangements to adorn boho-style wedding cakes.
For a tutorial on how to create a gumpaste flower wreath/garland, see our tutorial here: gumpaste floral garland cake tutorial.
De La Rosa Cupcakes’ design above right perfectly encapsulates the effortless beauty of the boho wedding style, with a fabulous berry studded floral garland setting off this design (left, image by Sonya Khegay).
Rosalind Miller teams playful blue and white striping with an enchanting climbing rose garland in her beautiful design (below left), while the go-to girl for the boho bride, Amy Swann, weaves her sugar floristry magic in her exquisite botanical cake creation, below right.
A brightly coloured garland of summer flowers sets of this wonderfully textured aqua wedding cake creation by Sugar Boy Ed (below right) – perfect for the bride who craves lots of colour for her wedding celebrations. On the left, a stunning Claire Pettibone gown – the home of boho bridal couture.
The sugar flower artistry of Torte di Nadia is showcased beautifully on this rustic style twig garland, below left. (Check out Zoe Clark’s recent class on Craftsy to learn how she crafts sugar twig wreaths to adorn her cakes: Charming Party Cakes). On the right, a beautiful hazy shot of an Amy Swann masterpiece – a wildflower garland cake in the softest of powder pink.
A rustic trail of frosted lilac winds its way up this lace wedding cake by Anna Elizabeth Cakes, topped with a standing floral wreath (image by Vasia Weddings), while a single, perfectly crafted garland takes centre stage in this Studio Cake design (below right, image by Wedluxe).
Apple orchard-inspired floral circlets are the perfect accessory to these floaty little maid dresses by Damselfly (via Natural Wedding Company).
This sweetly crafted flower wreath adds a delightful finish to this beautiful birthday cake design by Kidacity.
A floral wreath in peaches and cream dazzles against a gold leaf top tier and picks up the soft shades of the distressed lace adornment on the bottom tier in a unique design (below left) from Sweet Love Cake Couture. On the right, a twisted hazel wreath is dressed with bridal pink and lavender peonies in this perfect boho-inspired design from Sugar High (shot against one of their beautiful “Bakedrops”).
Hand-painted peach blossoms add an elegant, customised finish to this beautiful design by Nevie Pie (below left), while these exquisitely crafted buttercream flowers are the crowning glory on this Eat Cake Be Merry design (below right).
Readers might also be interested in our features on:
- Floral Wreath & Garland Wedding Cakes, Part 2
- Wedding Cakes for the Boho Bride
- More Bohemian Wedding Cakes in Soft Shades
- Bohemian Wedding Cakes in Rich Tones
- Foliage & Greenery Wedding Cakes: 2017 Wedding Cake Trend
- Naked Cakes – Woodsy & Floral
- Wildflower Wedding Cakes
- Boho Wedding Cakes with Feathers
- Midsummer Night’s Dream Wedding Cakes
- Fondant Frills & Garden Flowers
- Secret Garden Wedding Cakes
- Suspended Wedding Cakes/Garden Swing Style Cakes
- Tumbling, Trailing Sugar Flowers
- Climbing Sugar Flowers/Elevated Sugar Flower Arrangements
- Cherry Blossom Cakes
- Peony Wedding Cakes & Occasion Cakes
- Baby’s Breath Wedding Cakes
- English Garden Wedding Cakes
- Garden Party Cakes
- Floral Framed Cakes
- Woodland Wedding Cakes
- Wedding Cakes in Watercolours
- Gumpaste Foliage & Tutorials
- Birch Tree Wedding Cakes & Woodgrain Effect
- Textured Effects: White Woodgrain
- Chalkboard Cool
Coming Up Next: Jewelled Sugar Flowers, Part 1 – Crystal Centres