A tea cup cake topper is super on-trend for cakes right now, combining two very popular party or wedding themes: vintage and tea parties. It’s especially apt for Irish or UK weddings – two great tea drinking nations!
The cake on the left (above) features a pink lace applique design which you can make using lace moulds available from many sugarcraft stores. The second cake features beautiful sugarcrafted floral cameos which give a lovely vintage feel to this colourful cake.
The teacups featured on these cakes are vintage crockery, which can be difficult to find. But if you’re feeling adventurous, why not try your hand at making sugar teacups! It’s a lot easier than it looks and you’ll find a great tutorial here: how to make a tea cup and saucer cake topper tutorial. (Images: Wedding Chicks and Boho Bride, via The Natural Wedding Company).
Above, we have another beautiful tea cup cake topper with an exquisite wild flower arrangement via Weddbook.
Two whimsical style vintage bunting cakes below topped with pretty teacup cake toppers from The Cute Cupcake Company (below left) and by Gulnaz Mitchell of Heavenly Cakes 4U, New Zealand (below right).
Our final tea cup cake topper is an exquisite piece of sugar art from Chrissy Lau of the Miss Couture cake company in Australia, which combines vintage pearls and antique gold accents for beautiful afternoon tea theme that exudes lady-like elegance.
And if you really want to extend your teacup party theme, there’s a great range of teapcup baking moulds for cupcakes now on the market – you bake the cupcakes right in the teacup mould. Guaranteed to delight your tea-party guests! Available here: Afternoon Tea Cupcakes – 4 Cupcake Cup Holders 4 Saucers.
For more on the latest cake trends, check out the Cake Geek Magazine Facebook Page.
Readers may also be interested in the following features:
- Teapot Cakes & Tutorials
- Sweet Table Styling
- Vintage Pearl Wedding Cakes
- Vintage Birdcage Cakes
- Whimsical Birdhouse Cakes
- Garden Party Cakes
- Alice in Wonderland Cakes
- Decorating with 2D Floral Plaques
- Vintage Jewellery & Locket Cakes
- Vintage Cameo Cakes
- Vintage Accessories Cake – Gumpaste Gloves & Parasols
- Vintage Hat Box Cakes
- Midsummer Night’s Dream Wedding Cakes
- Secret Garden Cakes
- English Garden Wedding Cakes
- Fondant Frills & Garden Flowers
- Vintage in White Chocolate
- Gatsby Wedding Cakes
- Edwardian Inspired Wedding Cakes
- Lace Wedding Cakes Part 1: Applique Lace
- Toile Cake Designs
- Edible Icing Sheets – Instant Cake Art
- The Magic of Edible Icing Sheets
- Peony Wedding Cakes & Occasion Cakes