Chocolate Ganache Recipes (Ratios of Cream to Chocolate)
Dark Chocolate Ganache: 1 cup of heavy cream + 2 cups of dark chocolate nibs/buttons
Milk Chocolate Ganache: 1 cup of heavy cream + 2 1/2 cups of milk chocolate nibs/buttons
White Chocolate Ganache: 1 cup of heavy cream + 3 1/3 cups of white chocolate nibs/buttons
(See our chart here on Quantities of Frosting to Fill & Cover Different Size Cakes)
Chocolate Ganache: How-To
- Add the chocolate nibs/buttons to a heat-proof bowl.
- Bring the cream to the boil (just about) over a medium heat and then pour it over the chocolate.
- Leave the chocolate to melt in the heat of the cream, stirring occasionally.
- If the cream cools before the chocolate is fully melted, place the bowl in the microwave and give it a few pulses of heat to melt the remainder.
- The ganache will set as it cools to a spreadable consistency ideal for ganaching your cakes.
- If you’re not using it immediately, refrigerate until it’s needed. Then pulse in the microwave for 5 second intervals to bring it back to spreadable consistency.