The frosting of choice for many to pair with carrot cake or red velvet cake, cream cheese frosting is also a winner for cupcakes.
Makes 4 ½ cups approx.
(See our chart here on Quantities of Frosting to Fill & Cover Different Size Cakes)
Cream Cheese Frosting: Recipe
- 16oz of cream cheese (two packs x 8oz)
- ½ stick of unsalted butter (cut into cubes and softened)
- 1 ib of confectioners’ sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting: Method
- With a paddle attachment on your stand mixer, mix the cream cheese and vanilla. On medium speed, gradually add the butter until fully combined.
- Turn the speed down to low, add in the sugar and mix until combined.
- Can be refrigerated for up to three days. Bring to room temp and beat until smooth before using.