This vegan chocolate fudge with walnuts recipe makes a great foodie gift for the holidays for vegan family members or friends. But then so does everything in Ciarra Siller’s book, Vegan Chocolate Treats!
With over 60 recipes for brownies, bars, cakes, cookies, the lot, Vegan Chocolate Treats ensures all plant-based eaters can indulge their inner chocoholic while staying true to their vegan lifestyle.
Ciarra tells us about this recipe: “I have been making fudge for years. Growing up, I remember my aunt would make the sweetest and creamiest chocolate fudge during the holidays and she would often let me help her in the kitchen. It’s so simple to make, requires very few ingredients (yay!) and the best part is that once it’s made it can last for a couple of weeks in the refrigerator. I added walnuts for extra texture, but if you prefer a smooth fudge, they can be omitted or replaced with your favorite nut!”
Vegan Chocolate Fudge with Walnuts: Ingredients
Makes 32 pieces
- 1 (11.6-oz [330-g]) can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 2 cups (360 g) vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup (60 g) walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp (5 g) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
Vegan Chocolate Fudge with Walnuts: Instructions
Coat an 8 x 4–inch (20 x 10–cm) or similar size loaf pan with nonstick spray, and then line it with parchment paper, leaving an overhang so you can easily remove the fudge.
In a small pot, combine the condensed coconut milk and chocolate chips and cook over medium-low heat, stirring almost continuously, until the chocolate is melted and smooth for 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the vanilla, salt and walnuts.
Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and press it evenly along the bottom.
Place the fudge in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until solid.
Use the parchment-paper handles to remove the block of fudge from the pan.
Dust the top of the fudge with the cocoa powder and then cut it into 32 (1-inch [2.5-cm]) squares.
Reprinted with permission from Vegan Chocolate Treats by Ciarra Siller, Page Street Publishing Co. 2020. Photo credit: Ciarra Siller
Readers might also be interested in the following:
- Vegan Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Terrazzo Frosting
- A Delightful Petits Fours Recipe
- Wedding Croquembouche Recipe from Naked Cakes by Hannah Miles
- Number Cake Tutorial/Cream Tart Recipe by Mich Turner
- Chocolate Salted Caramel Dream Cake from the The Cutter & Squidge Bakery
- Malted Chocolate Cake with Bailey’s Irish Cream Ganache
- Summer Fruit Tart Recipe by Amy Ho of Constellation Inspiration
- Pistachio, Blackberry & White Chocolate Layer Cake
- Decorated Jelly Roll/Swiss Roll Tutorial
- The Perfect Drip Cake Tutorial
- Vintage Piped Cake Tutorial
- Buttercream Flower Tutorial – The Garden Rose
- Llama Cake Tutorial
- Fairy Cake Topper and Fairy Toadstool Cake Tutorial
- Heirloom Rose Tutorial by PetalSweet’s Jacqueline Butler
- Gumpaste Cherry Blossom Tutorial
- Easy Gumpaste Antlers Tutorial for Woodland Style Wedding Cake
- Wildflower Wedding Cake Tutorial with Pressed Flowers
- Floral Wreath Cake Tutorial for a Boho Style Wedding Cake
- Baby Shower Cake Tutorial by Lindy Smith