Sparkling silver adds a timeless touch of elegance to a wedding celebration at any time of year, but is particularly beautiful for a winter wedding. Edible silver sequins paired with pale blue makes a stunning winter wedding cake colour combination (above left) from Simply Sweet Cakes & Cupcakes.
On the right, silver sparkle and coordinated sugar flowers create a superbly elegant wedding cake design from Anna Elizabeth Cakes (image by Kunioo via WedLuxe).
For tutorials on how to create edible sequins, check out our feature: Edible Sequins for a Touch of Sparkle here.
Readers might also be interested in our features on:
- Gold Sequins Wedding Cakes
- New Year’s Eve Glamor Cakes
- Jewelled Sugar Flowers – Crystal Centres
- Jewelled Sugar Flowers – Glamorous Gold Centres
- Jewelled Wedding Cakes
- Beaded Wedding Cakes – Silver Beading
- Chandelier Wedding Cakes
- Gatsby Wedding Cakes
- Art Deco Wedding Cakes
- Silver Anniversary Wedding Cakes
- Winter Wedding Cake Trends
- Jewelled & Beaded Winter Wedding Cakes
- Metallics & Lace
- Marble Wedding Cakes, Agate, Geodes & Precious Metals – Wedding Cakes Inspired by Geology
Advertisements: Learn from the first lady of sequins herself, Lori Hutchinson of The Caketress how to create a gold sequinned masterpiece in her Craftsy class, Couture Cakess. Find all the details here: Couture Cakes.
Embellishing your cakes with edible sequins is also covered in Erin Gardner’s Craftsy class, Cakes in Full Bloom. Get more details here: Cakes in Full Bloom.
Coming Up Next: Winter Wedding Cakes Trends & Inspiration