While marbled fondant might be the bane of decorators who missed a spot when mixing color through fondant, marble wedding cakes are definitely having a moment in the cake world. Alongside their cousins – precious metals, geodes and agate – wedding cake art is taking its cue from geology and some of the earth’s most beautiful formations.
Emily Hankins sublimely pairs blush pink with a grey marbled finish and hand painted 2D orchids in her superbly on trend wedding cake design featured above (image by A Thing Like That Photography).
Readers might also be interested in our features on:
- Wedding Cakes in Pale Grey & Charcoal
- Metallics and Lace Wedding Cakes
- Distressed Gold and Antiqued Effects
- Watercolor Wedding Cakes
- Wedding Cakes in Pale Blue
- Coastal Inspired Wedding Cakes
- New Metallics: Wedding Cakes in Rose Gold, Bronze & Copper
- Wedding Cakes in Contemporary Black
- Boho Wedding Cakes with Feathers