For an ultra elegant finishing touch to your wedding cake design, there is nothing quite like adding an ornate edible cake stand crafted from gumpaste. By simply adding an extra cake board underneath the cake to add height, it’s surprisingly easy to achieve the illusion of a cake stand using moulded gumpaste scrolls and flourishes to replicate the finery of an antique cake stand, just as De La Rosa Cupcakes have in their marvelous example above.
To help you create this effect yourself, The Juniper Cakery have a created an edible cake stand tutorial here (for their cake featured below).
*For more on the creation of the Yener’s Way wedding cake, see the free tutorial here: 6 tier wedding cake with faux cake stand.
**For the products used to create the black and gold asian inspired cake, check out The Cake Decorating Company here.
Readers might also be interested in our features on:
- Cakes Accents: Distressed Gold & Antiqued Effects
- Metallic Gold Cakes
- Pale Gold & Champagne Wedding Cakes
- New Metallics: Rose Gold, Bronze & Copper Tones
- Cake Accents: Gold Buds & Berries
- Wedding Cake Borders, Trims & Edging
- Gatsby Wedding Cakes
- Vintage Cakes with Feathers
- Downton Abbey Inspired Wedding Cakes
- Edwardian Inspired Wedding Cakes
- Petal Shaped Wedding Cakes
- Floral and Formal Wedding Cakes
- Beaded Wedding Cakes
- Jewelled Wedding Cakes
- Jewelled Sugar Flowers – Glamorous Gold Centres