Buttercream art has exploded in popularity in the past two years, largely due to the work of Valeri Valeriano and Christina Ong of the Queeen of Hearts Couture Cakes who’ve taken buttercream cake decorating to a whole new level.
One Christina and Valeri’s signature cake decorating styles is their stained glass cakes with two outstanding examples above.
Inspired by the Queen of Hearts girls, cake decorators and designers around the world have taken inspiration from their work and created their own stained glass cake designs including the brightly coloured beauty below from Sonhos de Encantar.
Nightingale Cakes have designed their own beautiful iris and dragonfly stained glass cake in soft, muted colours below.
Internationally acclaimed cake artisits, Handi Mulyana of Handi’s Cakes and Kelvin Chua of Vinism Sugar Art have created their own stained glass cake masterpieces below (left and right, respectively).
Fans of Christina & Valeri of The Queen of Hearts Couture Cakes can also check out their free tutorial here for a fabulous buttercream piped crochet lace cake.
Readers might also be interested in our other buttercream features:
- Buttercream Piping, Part 1 – How to Pipe A Buttercream Rose Cake
- Buttercream Piping, Part 2 – How to Pipe A Buttercream Petal Cake
- Buttercream Piping, Part 3 – How to Pipe Buttercream Ruffles & Buttercream Frills
- Vintage Floral Piped Buttercream Cake Tutorial
- Buttercream Flowers & Floral Wreath Cakes
- Cupcake Bouquets & Piped Flower Tutorials
Coming Up Next: Floral Lace Cakes
For more on cake design updates and cake trends, join us on our Facebook Page here.