The most beautiful spring wedding cakes incorporate elements of nature and the turning of the seasons including spring blooms and rustic styling.
German cake designer, Martina Bliedung of Floralilie has captured the essence of early spring wonderfully in her exquisite snowdrop wedding cake above, absolutely perfect for a late winter/early spring wedding. To make your own hand-crafted snowdrops, check out our gumpaste snowdrops tutorial here.
More sugarcrafted snowdrops feature in the spring woodland wedding cake design (below right, image via Pinterest), with a fabulous rustic style wedding cake by Jonathan Caleb Cake (left).
Stems & branches add a wonderful botanical touch to winter and spring wedding cakes for a rustic wedding centrepiece.
Pristine white lilles with green centres make a terrific spring display on the wedding cake (below left) by The Hummingbird Bakery. On the right, a stylish side design of trailing white blossoms and piped leaves makes an elegant spring design motif by Wedding Cakes by Judi Delaney.
Wendy Kromer Confections’ woodland wedding cake design below left combines the elegance of piped garlands with a spring green colour palette for a unique wedding cake design (via Martha Stewart Weddings).
On the right, Brennie’s Cake House’ creative use of grasses, foliage, buds and florals pairs beautifully with lace for an exquisite spring cake design.
Patricia Hardjopranoto of Sydney’s Yummy Cupcakes & Cakes enhances beautiful bridal white peonies with stems of lime green foliage for a fresh and simple spring wedding cake while on the left, Thea Heussner of Bakermama has incorporated the animal world in her whimsical striped spring design, below right.
The palest of lemons makes an exquisite colour choice for a spring celebration with a divine cake from the Poppy Pickering collection below.
Trailing white blossoms against an ivory backdrop with a rustic bouquet and a touch of green makes a superb wedding cake design for a spring wedding below by Kate Sullivan of Cake Power.
A selection of perfectly crafted miniature cakes by The Creative Cake Academy, UK features below in a delightful spring theme and matching colour palette.
Check out our rustic tree bark cake tutorial below to learn how to create your own woodland inspired wedding cake.
Readers might also be interested in our features on:
- Woodland Wedding Cakes – Part 1
- Woodland Wedding Cakes – Part 2
- Birch Tree Wedding Cakes & Woodgrain Effects
- Birch Tree Cake Tutorials
- Woodgrain, Tree Bark and Tree Stump Cake Tutorials
- Spring Wedding Cakes
- Foliage & Greenery Wedding Cakes: 2017 Wedding Cake Trend
- Freesia Wedding Cakes
- Naked Cakes – Woodsy & Floral
- Wedding Cakes for the Boho Bride
- Wildflower Wedding Cakes
- Midsummer Night’s Dream Wedding Cakes
- Floral Garland/Circlet Wedding Cakes
- Suspended Wedding Cakes & Garden Swing Wedding Cakes
- Sugar Foliage & Tutorials
- Sugar Succulents & Tutorials
- Naked Cakes – Woodsy & Floral
- Autumn Cakes for the Fall Season
- Autumn Wedding Cakes
- Autumn Berries Fall Wedding Cakes
- Winter Woodland Wedding Cakes
- Chalkboard Cool
- Birdhouse Cakes & Tutorials
- Flower Fairy Cakes
- Baby Deer Cakes
Coming Up Next: Gumpaste Buds