Autumn is the season of plenty and in many cultures festivals are held at this time of year to celebrate the bountiful harvest of nature’s most beautiful season. Autumn makes a wonderful time of year for a gathering, whether a wedding or a party and with the abundance of fruit in the orchards and hedgerows, there’s no better time to make a wonderful harvest-themed cake.
Our feature cakes above pay homage to the beautiful season of autumn incorporating all the wonderful shades of the fall from golden browns to rusty reds. (Image above left courtesty of M. Chase Narrative Photography , above right from cdn.duitang.com).
Aside from golden sheaves of corn, the season of plenty also brings us lots of juicy seasonal berries that create a spectacular display against either stark white frosting or decadent dark chocolate for a wonderfully gothic dessert. (Image below left from sarahwinward.com and below right from Pinterest.)
Autumn is an increasingly popular time of year for weddings in the UK, often with a better chance of catching the last of the summer rays than hoping for good weather in early summer. A rustic wedding cake works brilliantly for an Autumn-inspired wedding and we have two beautiful autumn cakes below from Erin Gardner of Wild Orchid Baking (below left) and from Style Me Pretty (below right).
For a more novelty style Autumn cakes, we have two stand-out cake designs below – an antique birdcage wedding cake in glorious Autumn tones by Jelly Cake UK and a wonderful autumn woodland style cake adorned with sugar-crafted pumpkins, acorns and ferns (Image sourced from Pinterest). You’ll find lots more vintage birdcage cakes plus tutorials in our earlier feature here: Vintage Birdcage Cake & Tutorials
Readers might also be interested in our features on:
- Autumn Wedding Cakes
- Autumn Berries Fall Wedding Cakes
- Wildlife & Nature Inspired Autumn Wedding Cakes
- Fruits of the Forest (Gumpaste Berry Tutorials)
- Halloween Wedding Cakes – Gothic Elegance
- Dahlia Cakes & Tutorials
- Woodland Wedding Cakes- Part 1
- Woodland Wedding Cakes – Part 2
- Birch Tree Wedding Cakes & Woodgrain Effects
- Woodgrain, Tree Bark & Tree Stump Cake Tutorials
- Birch Bark and Birch Tree Cake Tutorials
- Wedding Cakes in Milk & Dark Chocolate
- Autumnal Floral Wedding Cakes
- Chalkboard Wedding Cakes
- A Compendium of Sugar Flower Tutorials
- Sugar Foliage & Tutorials
- Sugar Succulents & Tutorials
- Wedding Cakes in Watercolours
- Midsummer Night’s Dream Wedding Cakes
Coming Up Next: Story Book Cakes & Tutorials
Join the Cake Geek Magazine Facebook Page for more on cake design updates and cake trends.